Now whenever we get the problem “This copy of Windows is not genuine” it might be because of various reason. It might be because your license period has already expired or that you are not using the genuine version of the Windows 7. We are explaining Windows 7 Genuine Activation Fix. This method can also work for Windows 7 Build 7601 Not Genuine Fix.
What actually happens is that after installing the Windows 7 build 7601 or any version for that matter. These versions will be running for a month or two and after that you will be notified about that particular message “This copy of Windows is not genuine”. The after effects will be that you would be getting a black screen and your wallpaper will vanish. You can also fix this particular issue without using any kind of activators or anything. You just need to use the command prompt.
Methods To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error – “This copy of Windows is not genuine”[divider]
So let us mention the steps for avoiding the message any further and also for a free Windows version which you can use.
Method 1 : Windows 7 Not Genuine Error Using Command Prompt – This copy of Windows is not genuine
If you must know, we are going to use the command prompt as already mentioned. If you have been using windows you must be already aware of what a command prompt actually is. Command prompt is nothing but a command line application which is available in majority of the Windows versions.
Only the experts in these matters use the facility of the command prompt. It is indeed used for some critical computer work.
- First of all you need to open the command prompt. In order to open the command prompt you need to click on the start menu button and then type “cmd”. You need to right click over it and then click on “Run as Administrator”
- After the command menu appears i.e. the black screen you need to type ‘SLMGR – REARM’ command on it. You need to verify and make sure that you have typed it correctly. In case you have typed it wrong the code won’t work.
- Just after few moments you will be seeing a windows script will be hosting a pop up menu. You can just click on “okay”. Right after this you need to restart your computer and the changes will be taking its effect.
So after this step, no more you would be getting that annoying message. This is the Genuine Windows 7 Validation Fix.
Method 2 : *Solve* Genuine Error By Uninstalling Update KB971033
Now it’s time for the other method, for solving this problem, as well. If at all in some rare situation you are facing problem with the first method you can definitely try this second method. In this particular method you would be deleting an update named as “KB971033”. If you should know, this is the update which basically tells Microsoft that the copy is not genuine.
In order to perform this method, please follow the steps.
- Use your control panel to go to the update section.
- While you are in the update section search for the “KB971033” update and then try to uninstall it.
- Just restart your computer after that.
So using this two methods you can be rest assured that you won’t be getting any more problems regarding the message. These are indeed very simple methods. However you may be experiencing some trivial issues after these. It is the best method for windows validation method are executed, especially if you are using a laptop. It also works to solve Windows Not Genuine Build 7600 and
Note: Don’t use any Windows Not Genuine Patch, it may harm your system.
There may be a case of battery reduction in some of the laptops. Nevertheless you can just enjoy working on your computer after these steps are done. If you have any problem while solving “This copy of Windows is not genuine“