Do you have skills to create robot text file or edit robots.txt in WordPress? if not you should know reason is that this file tells the search engines (Robot.txt Robots), it informs the search engines that your site is allowing search engine crawlers to get index or not.
Note that, this robot txt file only tells the search engine that site is allowing or disallowing to index their content. Some user don’t wish to index there site because of there contetnt privacy. They keep the information confidential. Finally, decision is taken by them whether the content is appropriate and useful to user, they will definitely index.
Many Newbies (WordPress users) face numerous complications while writing the robots.txt file. There is robot txt file generator also can help but this easy tutorial will explain how to create robot txt file and how to edit them easily.
One way is to make a brand new robots.txt file and transfer it to the server and also the other one is by employing a straightforward WordPress plugin which is able to assist you to edit robots.txt directly in your applications programme.
#1. How To Create robots.txt
- Open notepad and Create new text file
- Add your required contents within it.
- For example: my robots.txt at http://codetounlock.org/robots.txt
[highlight]User-agent: * Disallow: /wp-admin/ Disallow: /wp-includes/ Sitemap: http://codetounlock.org/sitemap.xml[/highlight]
- Save the file as robots.txt.
- Upload it to the root directory of your website.
- You don’t need any robots.txt checker. You can robots.txt of any site. exa: domain-name/robots.txt
#2. WP Plugin To Edit robots.txt
- If you would like to edit robots.txt directly through the Administrator Panel then use following plugin – WP Robots Txt
- This plugin makes it terribly straightforward to access and edit robots.txt file.