If you’re like most homeowners, saving money is a must. Whether you want to devote more funds to your child’s college fund, monthly facials, or something else, you’re likely looking for ways to cut corners. If this is the case, you should know that bringing your energy bill down is a great way to put some extra dollars in your pocket at the end of each month. To ensure that you can, start using some of these great energy-saving tips and tricks:
1. Wash and replace your filters regularly. If you don’t, they can collect dust that seriously compromises the efficiency of the filter and thereby waste energy.
2. When summer approaches, invest in thermal drapes. These drapes will help keep your property warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
3. Before you purchase an air conditioning system, determine what its seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) is. Confine your search process to systems that have attained a rating of 15 or higher.
4. Have an attic ventilator installed. These systems draw cool air through your property and can thereby offer you the same comfort that you would have attained from an air conditioner at a cheaper price. Also note that installing attic ventilation can decrease your heating bills in the winter.
5. Examine the foundation walls of your property. If your crawlspace or basement is unfinished, know that spider webs indicate the presence of an air leak. Thus the presence of webs means that you have a draft. Because heat can be lost from basements that are not insulated, be sure to have yours insulated as soon as possible.
6. Keep the track of your sliding glass door clean. Dirty tracks will create gaps that enable cold or warm air to escape. They can also ruin the seal of the door.
7. Clean the coils of your refrigerator. When they are clogged up with pet hair, dust, and other forms of debris, the motor has to work harder and thereby uses up more energy.
8. Check the seals of your refrigerator door to ensure that they are tight and clean. A homeowner’s refrigerator makes up roughly 11% of her or his total energy use, meaning that this strategy can result in substantive savings.
9. Shop online for the best energy provider. Online companies like Compare Texas Energy Providers offer you detailed information regarding the prices of several service providers. Find out more about Reliant Texas as well as how to get competitive rates on your energy services by visiting their website at http://www.comparetexasenergyproviders.com/.
Paying high energy bills every month saps your finances and precludes you from spending money on other things that contribute to your quality of life. Therefore, accessing and implementing tips and tricks that will bring your energy bill down is important. By using some or all of the energy-saving strategies you find here, you’ll likely find that you’re able to keep more money in your wallet and start devoting your savings to things that make you happy!