We all love to browse on our smartphones because it comes in handy. But not all websites provide us with a great experience of browsing because of the only factor that they are not responsive enough. With smartphones advancement we all thought that we will be able to browse through any website with élan but that is not the case.Its all about generating adsense revenue.
There are adsense websites which just doesn’t want to give into the requirement of the mobile users which in any case is affecting their business more than anything else. Now the numbers of browsers who use smartphones are at an all time high so it is important for the business to understand that if they want to get noticed then they have to think about the mobile users also and prepare their website which will adjust itself to any screen size or resolution.Worlds 40% of traffic is generated from mobile device.
When it is so simple to adjust the ad sizes then why not help yourself with these simple steps and make it responsive enough for the mobile users –
- First and foremost you will have to log into Google Adsense to create ad unit
- When you will be creating ad unit you will get a drop down which says Ad Size, you have to select Responsive Ad Unit (BETA) there
- Now click Save and get code
- Don’t wait for the Code Type option in here now, it will not appear because the asynchronous code is used in Responsive ads
- Instead you will get Mode drop down where you have to select from any two options – Smart sizing or Advanced
- Select smart sizing as you won’t have to do anything or perform any changes in your ad code
- If you want to specify the size and shape of your ad then select ‘Advanced’ mode and make the necessary changes.
- Now just copy and paste your ad code anywhere you want your ad to appear. Just to make sure that your ad is working fine with different screen size and all devices it is advisable that you check the performance yourself on different devices with different screen size.
- You are done with the process if you have selected the mode Smart Sizing but if you have opted for ‘Advanced’ mode then you have to adjust the size and shape.
- You will have to specify what size you want and whether you want vertical or rectangle or the horizontal shape
- Google has already prepare a list to help you with the selection of shape and sizes so refer to that
- Once you are done with this step then you are good to go
- You can also track the performance on the tab which says Performance reports tab
- Through Report of Creative Sizes you can also trace the ad’s size that responsive ad unit has put up
If someone is using old browser then they might find difficulty in availing media queries so it is better to opt for default size.
STAY TUNED! In next article i will share how to make money on YouTube and some Ad Sense tricks.